For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Born Free

Before I get to today's post I wanted to share with you a picture of some beautiful roses I was given. Aren't they wonderful? I especially love the dark red one and they smell heavenly too.



As all my regular visitors will know, every now and then I like to throw a spanner in the works by doing something completely different.



Do you have a song with is very special or one you live by? Maybe one which epitomizes your life? Perhaps there is one which spells out your dreams? I am going to share with you today the one which has been special to me since the first time I heard it. It is who I am and what I always wanted to be. It speaks to my heart. Which is your song or passage from one?

Born Free

Sung by: Matt MunroWords by Don Black and Music by John BarryOscar-winning title song from the 1966 film, Barry also won for soundtrackCharted in 1966 at # 7 by Roger Williams and # 35 by Matt MonroSoul version by the Hesitations hit #38 in 1968

Born free, as free as the wind blows


As free as the grass grows


Born free to follow your heart


Live free and beauty surrounds you


The world still astounds you


Each time you look at a star


Stay free, where no walls divide you


You're free as the roaring tide


So there's no need to hide


Born free, and life is worth living


But only worth living'cause you're born free

No comments: